Host author events in your library with The Library Talks
Interested in getting involved?
- Sign up for our mailing list to get updates on our guests and schedule.
- Take our survey to help us make this program a success for your library.
- Review our technical requirements and instructions for information on how the program works (below).
- Check out our calendar and sign up for the events you want to participate in.
Before getting started, it's important to find out if your library can support a live web stream. This program requires that you can connect and display from a computer, a laptop, tablet, smartphone, or another device to show to a group of people. The quality of a live streaming event will vary depending on a variety of factors including how much speed and bandwidth you have, the time of day, how many users are sharing the same connection or network. Here's what we recommend:
A wired Ethernet connection typically offers the best and most reliable access to live streaming video. WiFi will still work if that is your only option.
At least a 2Mb connection speed. There are several websites that can help you find out this information in your library, such as Google's Video Quality Report and this bandwidth test from the Berliner Philharmoniker.
- Projector or large TV screen, and the ability to display from a computer or other device.
Instructions and Tutorials
Click the links below to get started.